Zoom meeting

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      CRAIG KRUEGER
      Participant

When I create an account and set up a meeting it says that basic users are limited to meetings 40 minutes or less with 3 or more participants.  Trying to use for our EPD 612 Technical Project Management so we are all familular with the OS for class. Is there a way to have meeting more than 40 minutes since we are all students or is this service not included for students?

Mark Millard
      Participant

Hi Craig,

Thanks for posting so I can clarify our use of the Zoom web conferencing tool this semester for you an other students in the MEM EPD612 course.  We were only able to purchase a Zoom enterprise account with a very limited number of hosts for the current pilot of Zoom.  So we are unable to offer host accounts for student use.  The use of Zoom, at least for the current pilot in EPD612, is really only meant for the scheduled web conference.

That being said, you are welcome to get the free limited Zoom service on your own as you have done and use that for any ad-hoc team meetings, but you would be limited to what you have noted in your post.  What we have made available to students for their team meetings is the use of Google Hangouts Meet through our officially support UW-Madison G-Suite enterprise account.  Because this service is available through our supported UW enterprise account, you will not have those connection limitations as with Zoom.

The instructors for scheduling meetings with that tool are posted in your EPD612 course site in the Team section.  I am also including those instructions here:  Instructions for Using Google Meet for Team Meetings

Hope that helps.

Best,
      ~Mark

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.