Blackboard Web Conference Recordings – NO VISUAL

Home All Forums Community & Support Forums Tech Support – Main Discussion Forum Blackboard Web Conference Recordings – NO VISUAL

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Chris Chika
      Participant

Hello,

For the MEES class EPD720 on Canvas, I have noticed that the last 4 to 5 lecture recordings on Blackboard recorded the audio but did not record the visual presentation. Is there any way to recover the visual presentation and get this fixed for future recordings?

Thanks

Chris

Chris Chika
      Participant

Follow up to this issue. Plackback is working fine (audio and video) from Desktop and from Mobile when “Request Desktop Site” is selected in Chrome browser. If “Request Desktop Site” is not selected then the recording will play audio but no video. This is not the case for the first 3 or so class recordings in EPD720 but is the case for the last 3 to 4 recordings.

Thanks!

Mark Millard
      Participant

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting and for the detailed follow-up.  Sorry to hear you’re having issues with the playback of the web conference video recordings.  I’m happy to hear that you at least found a short-term workaround, so that is good.  It certainly sounds like there is an issue with those recordings.

I will report this to Blackboard Ultra support and hopefully find a permanent resolution.

So that I can try to replicate the issue, can you post and let me know if you also tried accessing with any other web browsers, and let me know whether you had the same issues with those.  Also, please let me know which operating systems for both your computer and mobile device.  This is something that Blackboard will ask me.

Thanks,
      ~Mark

EPD Tech Support Team

Chris Chika
        Participant

Hi Mark,

I did not try any other browsers, only Chrome. The computer was a Windows 10 operating Chrome, sorry I don’t have the versions handy. The mobile device was a Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V operating Android 6.0.1. Chrome on the mobile device is version 67.0.3396.87 and as a reminder everything is working fine when “Request Desktop Site” is checked but will not play video when it is unchecked.

Thanks!

Mark Millard
      Participant

Hi Chris, This is the info I’ll need to report to Blackboard.

Thanks,
      ~Mark

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.